Referred purchases will only count toward rewards after this review period.
The referred purchase review period feature allows you to define the length of time after a referred purchase takes place when you are able to review the details of the referred purchase and determine if it needs to be deleted (due to a customer return) or if the referral needs to be disqualified (due to a fraudulent referral).
Within the review period of the 1st referred purchase made by an advocate's friend, you can disqualify a referral as invalid. Future purchases made by the advocate's friend will not be considered referred purchase if you disqualify the referral.
Within the review period of all referred purchases, you can delete a purchase. Hence, the review period is typically set in line with your return policy to take into account any cancelled or returned purchases.
To update the referred purchase review period for your account:
- Go to the Referral Reward section of your dashboard.
- Go to the box with the title "Conditions for reward".
- In the item "The reward will be sent...", click the "[Edit]" link.
- Select the number of days you'd like to set the referred purchase review period to be and it will be automatically saved.
However, please read through the worked example below to understand how the review period and updating a referral reward may affect the reward issued to an Advocate.
- April 1st
- You've been running your referral program for a while now with Referral Reward "A", and your review period is 15 days.
- You update the Referral Reward to "B" that expires at the end of April, keeping your review period at 15 days.
- All Advocates that make referrals with review periods that end after you've updated the Referral Reward to "B" will be sent Referral Reward "B".
- These includes referred purchases made from March 17th onwards as their review period will end from this moment forward, after you've updated the Referral Reward.
- April 30th / May 1st
- Referral Reward "B" expires and you update the Referral Reward to "C", keeping your review period at 15 days.
- All Advocates that make referrals with review periods that end after you've updated the Referral Reward to "C" will be sent Referral Reward "C".
- These include referred purchases made from April 16th onwards as their review period will end from this moment forward, after you've updated the Referral Reward.