Before you start language integration:
- Activate multiple languages for your referral program
- You may need a developer to help you with multiple language integration
- Your store needs to have multiple languages activated
A. Email Integration
You will need to specify the advocate's preferred language in the invoice email that is BCC’ed to ReferralCandy. Refer to the note at the bottom of this article for a list of 2 letter abbreviations for every language. For example, for Spanish, you can add "es" to the invoice.
This can be added anywhere in the invoice email and will help us to identify the preferred language for that advocate. We will automatically scan your invoices for this.
C. API Integration
You will need to specify the advocate's preferred language as part of the API Integration (see note at bottom of article for the 2 letter abbreviations).
e.g. data-locale="es" will let us know that you want to use the Spanish template for this Advocate.
The 2 letter abbreviations for the languages are below and follow the ISO 639-1 standard:
- English (Default): en
- Chinese (Simplified): zh-CN
- Chinese (Traditional, HK): zh-HK
- Chinese (Traditional, TW): zh-TW
- Danish: da
- Dutch: nl
- French: fr
- German: de
- Italian: it
- Japanese: ja
- Norwegian: no
- Russian: ru
- Spanish: es
- Swedish: sv
If you'd like to run your referral program in a language that is not listed above, you can "map" this unsupported language to one of the existing templates. This is what you have to do:
- Add any language from the above list of abbreviations that you will not be using as part of your referral program (e.g. Russian) from the Store Settings page of your dashboard.
- Go to the Emails & Pages section of your dashboard and select "Edit HTML / CSS" for any of the program pages.
- Select the additional "Locale" json file from step #1 (e.g. ru.json), edit the default language directly for the various page assets, and click Publish Changes when you're done.
- To update the language of email assets, you can directly edit the text from within the email editor.
- For your integration, you should still use the 2 letter abbreviation of the template that you've chosen (i.e. "ru" for Spanish).
Note: Since we don't fully support the language that you are using, some system error messages will be displayed in the language of the template.